MANDARIN, CARAMEL, ROUND
Los Idolos is grown very near from “El Alto de Los Idolos”, by sixty four small coffee growers gathered together under the banner of “Grupo Asociativo San Agustin Los Cauchos”, a coffee growers co-operative founded in 2001.
These coffee growers got together from the desire of obtaining a higher income through the sale of high-quality coffee, choosing the name Los Idolos because of its symbolism and as a way of honouring the region’s ancestral origins.
So far, the group has focused on standardizing practices and improving their beneficios and drying patios, obtaining small increases in quality each time. This process has galvanized the commitment of the members, who feel proud of each small achievement and know that every improvement is a step forward towards their initial goal.
The members of Los Cauchos are seen as a light of hope for the smallholder farmers of this beautiful and once prosperous region, being a focalised point of potential development, which is legal and sustainable over the long-term.
- Roast: Medium
- Producer: 64 small coffee growers members of “Grupo Asociativo San Agustin Los Cauchos”
- Harvest: October – December (70%) & May – July (30%)
- Varietal: Caturra & Typica
- Processing method: Fully Washed and Sundried
- Region: Los Cauchos, San Agustin
- Elevation: 1600-1900m
- Brewing Method Suggestions: Filter Machine, Plunger (French Press), Aeropress & Espresso
Whole Beans, Espresso, Filter, French Press, Stove Top, Aeropress, Pour Over, Vacuum Pot, Chemex